Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
MS Robotics Studio 4 — Parallax Forums

MS Robotics Studio 4

ajwardajward Posts: 1,130
edited 2011-10-19 12:26 in Robotics
Hey All...

Been away for too long... something about two new telescopes and staying up all night. :blank:

I've been watching the progress of Eddie. How cool! A bit out of my price range at the moment tho'! :depressed:

Anyway I've a question about the MS Robotics Studio software. I've been trying to install the software and keep getting an "Error 1335" saying Data1.cab is corrupt. Tried several different downloads of the package with the same result. Has anyone had to deal with this and if so what were your results.

I spent thirty minutes on the phone with MS and they assured me the package should load on a 64 bit peecee. (I'm trying to install on a home-built box with an AMD Phenom II x4 955 processor, 8GB ram, 4.5TB disc space, an MSI graphics card with 1GB DDR3 ram, USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports and a WiFi adapter.) It ought to work!!!! D**m!!! -_- (Oh the OS is Winderz 7 Ultimate x64)

Any advice?

Many thanks,

Amanda

Comments

• RobotWorkshopRobotWorkshop Posts: 2,307
    edited 2011-10-18 12:45
    I seem to recall some software packages would blow up on an installation if there was too much RAM on the system. I don't know of that could be the problem. Are you just installing from the web or did you download the whole package to install locally? I've run into problems with some of the Malware and Anti-virus programs where they may need to be temporarily disabled in order to perform an installation.
  • Mike GMike G Posts: 2,702
    edited 2011-10-18 19:43
    Turn off your virus checker. Download the entire MSI, not the web install else turn off your firewall. Then run the MSI as an admin.
  • JonnyBritishJonnyBritish Posts: 8
    edited 2011-10-19 12:26
    ajward wrote: »
    Hey All...

Been away for too long... something about two new telescopes and staying up all night. :blank:

I've been watching the progress of Eddie. How cool! A bit out of my price range at the moment tho'! :depressed:

Anyway I've a question about the MS Robotics Studio software. I've been trying to install the software and keep getting an "Error 1335" saying Data1.cab is corrupt. Tried several different downloads of the package with the same result. Has anyone had to deal with this and if so what were your results.

I spent thirty minutes on the phone with MS and they assured me the package should load on a 64 bit peecee. (I'm trying to install on a home-built box with an AMD Phenom II x4 955 processor, 8GB ram, 4.5TB disc space, an MSI graphics card with 1GB DDR3 ram, USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports and a WiFi adapter.) It ought to work!!!! D**m!!! -_- (Oh the OS is Winderz 7 Ultimate x64)

Any advice?

Many thanks,

Amanda

Once your runnning you will be able to play with EDDIE in the simulated environment.