Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PBASIC 2.5.2 IDE "quick search" oddity — Parallax Forums

PBASIC 2.5.2 IDE "quick search" oddity

davejamesdavejames Posts: 4,047
edited 2011-10-16 08:52 in BASIC Stamp
After buried in the hardware side of my project for the last year, it was time today to start polishing the software. I checked on the Parallax main site and found a substantial update to the IDE and downloaded it (moving from 2.4.2 to 2.5.2).

The help feature is nicely improved...but...when I entered "PULSOUT" in the "Quick Search" field at the top of the help window and either pressed Enter or clicked the search button, nothing happened - meaning, no-thing occured. The help just sat there, not complaining, just not doing anything.

When I used the Search button at the lower left of the help, I was able to find the information desired.

So, before I call the "Quick Search" feature broken, I need to ask:

"What is it supposed to do?"

Thanks much.

Comments

• bsnutbsnut Posts: 521
    edited 2011-10-15 20:53
    Dave,

I don't think the "Quick Search" feature is broken. This is what I do.

When I open the Help file, I don't use the "Quick Search" feature. I just chick on the "+" for the A-Z listing of the Basic Stamp Commands which shows you all of the commands. After you do this, you scroll down to the command you are looking for, in this case was "PULSOUT"
  • RDL2004RDL2004 Posts: 2,554
    edited 2011-10-16 06:53
    I noticed this also. I have to use the "Search" panel on the left side, the "Quick Search" at the top does nothing.
  • davejamesdavejames Posts: 4,047
    edited 2011-10-16 08:52
    RDL2004 wrote: »
    I noticed this also. I have to use the "Search" panel on the left side, the "Quick Search" at the top does nothing.

Ah! So it's not just me.

Thanky.