Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
need help with "ping" sensor for BS2 — Parallax Forums

need help with "ping" sensor for BS2

dirtrider444dirtrider444 Posts: 33
edited 2011-10-10 21:29 in BASIC Stamp
I have installed the chip properly and downloaded the example of how to have the "ping-board" tell my boe-bot when to back up and turn and so forth.. i dont know why its doing it, but when i reload the program the boe bot runs fine for about 10 seconds then the pezeio speaker keeps going making noise(assumingly because the program is running through faster(the speakers set to make noise when the program starts and resets).

The program I am running for it is off of the parallax website(so idk why its not working). Theres only 3 wires from the board( Pin 15, 5+V, and GRND. I did the distance detector program and everything works great and is very responsive.Attached is the program parallax says it what should make it run(the one ive been having troubles with)

Comments

• Mike GMike G Posts: 2,702
    edited 2011-10-10 20:37
    Batteries charged up?
  • dgatelydgately Posts: 1,629
    edited 2011-10-10 21:29
    The RoamingWithPING-V1.0.bs2 code expects infrared headlights (using photoresistors and IR LEDs) from the Robotics with BOEBot Student's Guide (chapters 6 & 7). If you are not installing the IR headlights, you'll get incorrect values for irDetectLeft and irDetectRight which might cause the problem (I had the same result, until I added the IR headlights).

You can set irDetectLeft & irDetectRight to zeros to make sure that the Ping_Around code gets called to test this.