Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PASM Gameduino drivers - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

PASM Gameduino drivers

2»

Comments

• AntoineDoinelAntoineDoinel Posts: 312
    edited 2011-10-12 22:38
    I'm calling it quits for a while on this one. I could probably spend another 100 hours futzing around with the PASM, but in the end... There's SPIN...

I might revisit when the GCC thing is ready.

Martin you've already done a wonderful job with the driver.

As for the performance, I think it's quite good already.
    Nothing prevents THE USER from writing critical sections of the application in PASM too.

Thanks
    Alessandro

13102011293.jpg

(ok there's still something wrong with the borders :lol: I'll post it if I manage to fix it)
    1024 x 768 - 73K
  • Martin HodgeMartin Hodge Posts: 1,246
    edited 2011-10-15 11:11
    One last thing....

Ball demo finally at full speed by using the blit function. FTW!

GD_BoingBall.spin
  • AntoineDoinelAntoineDoinel Posts: 312
    edited 2011-10-15 13:50
    Cool!
    Maybe the blit function should become part of the official lib?

I updated the wireframe demo archive, a "!" vs "not" mistake was reducing speed by 1/3.
    edited 2012-02-17 17:33
    How about two Gameduino's at once from one Propeller?
    :cool:

This is made possible with a Go-Between Shield. The first Gameduino uses the standard Arduino SPI pins 9,11,12,13. The Go-Between shield reroutes the second Gameduino's SPI to pins 0,1,2,3 (or whatever you want).

DSCF6767s.JPG

@AntoineDoinel: This second Gameduino is exhibiting the same problem you had with yours. So apparently there are some variances with the manufacture of the Spartan FPGA. I've attached the example software I've used for this demo which has a GD_ASM.spin v1.3. This version swaps the OR and TEST commands in SHIFTIO_. The Gameduino's seem to like this timing better. When you get some time, could you test on yours? Also be aware that you now need to include the SPI pin configuration when starting the GD driver.
    GD.begin(11,13,12,9)

Here is a zip with the latest GD_ASM.spin and a few of the demos slightly altered to allow them to run in their own cog. Start with Multi_Demo.spin.

Dual_1.1.zip

Now that I know this is possible, I'm itching to wire up a board with FOUR Spartans and a Prop on it. Also wouldn't it be cool to see, for example, the ball bouncing from one screen to the other? It's only a matter of sofware. Imagine the possibilities.
    800 x 600 - 314K
    800 x 600 - 315K
    800 x 644 - 386K
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2012-02-18 07:27
    Here's a challenge for you... (since you've got the hardware hooked up)

How about an Amiga ball that bounces across both screens? Treating both monitors like a single display.

OBC
    edited 2012-02-19 08:57
    Fixed up the spin and updated the zip file three posts above.