Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
GPS Datalogger Kit with XBee — Parallax Forums

GPS Datalogger Kit with XBee

SPolySPoly Posts: 20
edited 2011-10-07 06:35 in Robotics
Hi,

Basically I am trying to make a program that will send out GPS data to another computer using an XBee RF Module. The GPS program that I use is the one written by Chris Savage. Now, I just need to send the coordinates or possibly the KML file using the XBee. However, I am clueless to how should i write out the program to tell the XBee that it should send out the GPS data. Also, when I try to add some simple lines, such as SEROUT... an error 124: Data occupies same location as program will be shown.

Is there any solution to this?

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2011-10-05 08:43
    If you look at the memory map of Chris' original code, it takes up 99% of the EPROM. Adding 1 or 2 lines of code would fill it up. That is the error you are getting.

You may have to move up to a BS2e to take advantage of the bigger EEPROM. The Basic Stamps are still on sale at $49.00, so it might be a good time to upgrade.

Jim
    edited 2011-10-05 08:46
    PJ just brought up a good read in another thread about programming slots: in BS2e, BS2P

http://www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/cols/nv/vol3/col/nv87.pdf
  • SPolySPoly Posts: 20
    edited 2011-10-07 05:40
    Ouh I see...hmm thanks man for the tip. Will be getting upgrading my BS then. Thanks :)

Anyway, any type of BS2 can run the GPS Datalogger program right?
    edited 2011-10-07 06:35
    SPoly wrote: »
    Ouh I see...hmm thanks man for the tip. Will be getting upgrading my BS then. Thanks :)

Anyway, any type of BS2 can run the GPS Datalogger program right?

Basically...yes. You will have to adjust the Baud Rate setting in the program for the different chips, (see SEROUT command in the manual).

All the 24 pin devices are on sale for $49.00, so go for the one that will suit your need by compaing them here.