Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Heating Switch Timing for MG811 / 27929 Module — Parallax Forums

Heating Switch Timing for MG811 / 27929 Module

wisowiso Posts: 1
edited 2011-10-04 12:41 in Accessories
Hello All,
I have been reading the following very interesting and informative discussions regarding the operation of the MG811 CO2 sensor:

calculate ppm of co2 module sensor
ARLISS Team NH

I am just getting set up with the CO2 sensor and am looking to make sure I operate it properly. I am powering the 27929 Module with a 9v battery (Vin and GND). Since I want to eventually understand the CO2 levels, I am reading the voltage coming from TP1 on the module into an Arduino Analog In pin, which I understand is doing the ADC.

My question is what to do with the CNTL pin? Since this is meant to control the heater, I figured I should power this somehow. What I've done connect a digital pin (pinmode is OUTPUT) from the arduino to the CNTL. I am trying to write HIGH to the digital pin.

Is this the correct procedure to get some voltage readings from TP1? My readings on the voltmeter start at around 1.5v, then gradually decreases...and continues decreasing...currently the readings are .674 mV and falling.

I wonder, is there meant to be a cycle of the CNTL pin? Are we meant to be reading at the same time as we are heating? I have seen work dealing with the CO sensor which they cycle the signal to the CNTL pin. I understand the sensors are different, but I figured its a good read seeing as I cannot understand the values coming from the sensor.

Any insights on the appropriate operation of the 27929 Module in order to read voltages from TP1 is greatly appreciated!