Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Using Parallax RF 433 on PC — Parallax Forums

Using Parallax RF 433 on PC

bkirkbkirk Posts: 37
edited 2011-10-01 05:00 in Accessories
Can anyone help?

I have two Parallax 433 MHz RF transceivers, one connected to my Basic Stamp MC and one that is connected to my PC through a mini-usb adapter board.

My problem is figuring out how to send and receive data on the RF transceiver connected to my PC. I want to collect data wirelessly from my MC. The code examples assume you're using two Basic Stamp MCs, and sending data between them. I, however, want to use my PC to communicate with my MC. I have hyperterminal, but am not sure how to use that if it is the answer. Can anyone provide some direction? Thanks!

Ben

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2011-09-30 17:34
    The mini usb adapter board should act like a serial port and you should be able to use HT or another terminal program to listen to it.
  • sylvie369sylvie369 Posts: 1,622
    edited 2011-10-01 05:00
    I believe that Franklin is referring to the USB adapter board for the XBees (right, Franklin?).
    And I believe that the original poster is asking about how to connect the 433 MHz Tranceiver (right, Ben?).

I believe that you could set up a USB2SER and a separate 5V supply (for the Transceiver) on the receiving end at the PC. If you're expecting to also send data from the PC, you're going to have a harder time, because something will need to bring the Transceiver's RX/TX line high for transmission. At that point, it might be easier to just keep a Stamp in the loop on the PC end.