Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Communication error(Parallax USB to Serial Adapter RS-232) — Parallax Forums

Communication error(Parallax USB to Serial Adapter RS-232)

SPolySPoly Posts: 20
edited 2011-10-02 19:11 in BASIC Stamp
HELP!!! I cannot get any connection between my super carrier board and my computer using the USB to serial adapter. A communication error message keep popping out whenever i try to connect these two. Not only that but this error would only occur after the first connection attempt has been made and unplugged. After that the error appears. Is there any solutions??

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-09-29 08:19
    Almost all cases of this kind of communication error are due to one of the following:

1) A bad cable or connection somewhere between the Stamp board and the PC.

2) A problem with the installation of the USB to Serial Adapter driver. You cannot use the default Windows driver.

3) Some kind of power problem, either a weak battery or a bad connection.

Check your wiring. Check your cables and/or try alternate cables. Check your power supply. Reinstall the Stamp Editor and its drivers with the USB to serial adapter NOT connected.
  • SPolySPoly Posts: 20
    edited 2011-10-02 06:40
    wooot thanks. working fine now! weak battery problems. didnt realise the board consume alot of juice.
  • bsnutbsnut Posts: 521
    edited 2011-10-02 19:11
    SPloy,

Its great that you got it working.

BTW, Just friendly reminder change the icon unsolved to solved so the other forum members know that you have corrected your problem. You can do this by clicking on the "GO Advanced" button.