-Tommy
800 x 600 - 447K

Comments

• HumanoidoHumanoido Posts: 5,770
    edited 2011-09-26 03:12
    Excellent!
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2011-09-26 13:57
    Nice trike drive, I have much experience. Lock your casters (no rotation) for more consistent results.
  • BamseBamse Posts: 561
    edited 2011-09-26 18:48
    Kewl, I like the idea of the driving wheel turning...
  • Martin_HMartin_H Posts: 4,051
    edited 2011-09-26 19:11
    Erco, did you ever do anything with that ARobot you bought off eBay? That's sort of a trike drive, except the rear wheels pivot.
  • TtailspinTtailspin Posts: 1,326
    edited 2011-09-26 21:32
    Now you tell me?
    Lock your casters (no rotation) for more consistent results.
    :lol:
    Honestly, I was actually disapointed in the consistent performance I did get!,
    I was after something way more random, chaos is more the word..
    Testing with unpowered mock_ups was very promising... Bouncing off of every surface contacted...
    But this!.. This is not the disorder and kaos I wanted to see... More power!.. yes, much more power...:thumb:

There has been a lot of wood and plastic robots roaming(and flying) around the robotics forum lately,
    So I thought I would post up this brass robot for all the good folks.
    After all, We wouldn't want people to think all we can do around here is wood and plastic.
    Yes sir, We can do flying chunks of metal too...:cool:

-Tommy
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2011-09-28 22:19
    Martin_H wrote: »
    Erco, did you ever do anything with that ARobot you bought off eBay? That's sort of a trike drive, except the rear wheels pivot.

Not yet. There's a lot of play in the steering linkage; that would introduce a lot of inaccuracy and poor repeatability for the dead reckoning type experiments I do. I sort of expected that and put the bot on my display shelf right away. I'll get to it eventually, but as you fellas know, "so many robots, so little time"!

I'm getting back on a whopper of a robot project that will keep me busy for a few more years. I started it in 2004. WOW. This is "the one". Venture capitalists, get your dough together! :)