Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Forget Wheels - Balancing Point Robot — Parallax Forums

Forget Wheels - Balancing Point Robot

Comments

• Martin_HMartin_H Posts: 4,051
    edited 2011-09-21 04:37
    If they ever become self-aware we won't even need stairs to foil their world domination plans!
  • HumanoidoHumanoido Posts: 5,770
    edited 2011-09-21 05:50
    Martin_H wrote: »
    If they ever become self-aware we won't even need stairs to foil their world domination plans!
    Stairs are for humanoids. In my mind, these pointy futuristic things could have air propulsion and float from one place to another and then balance on one point at any point. The point could be the ground, a wall, a structure, or anywhere in space. The points benefit each other. In a kind of creature-craft of intellectual autonomy, it would have surrounding living-accessories that are also one point and balance on its mother structure. Living accessories can help loft the Mother to new heights, do swarming objective missions on their own, or morph to attach and expand the living mobile mother for new missions and objectives.
  • prof_brainoprof_braino Posts: 4,313
    edited 2011-09-21 05:57
    Looks expensive. Nice fancy custom parts. Too be one can't be made using parts from the scrap drawer and peanut butter jar lids.
  • ajwardajward Posts: 1,129
    edited 2011-09-22 07:02
    Cool! I'd always kind of wondered about the possibilities of doing something like that.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    edited 2011-09-22 12:06
    Very cool! Wheels are for suckerz...!

@Ken: For your quadcopter, see also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6GpehgzY4w
  • mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2011-09-22 12:15
    I think Ken needs to start building the parallax FMA in Rocklin. (one of the links from the above video takes you to a 3 minute tour of the ETH Flying Machine Arena (FMA) - in case you are wondering why I babble so!)
  • BamseBamse Posts: 561
    edited 2011-09-24 19:22
    Nice, Guess it's the inverted pendulum problem to keep it balanced...