Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
433 Mhz RF Circuit design — Parallax Forums

433 Mhz RF Circuit design

Jeff_5_Jeff_5_ Posts: 36
edited 2011-09-28 18:45 in Accessories
I need some help with a few questions building a Rf circuit to send a 32bit data stream. Data is 4 characters (A-Z, a-z, 0-9)

I plan on using a TWS-434A Transmitter Module along with a RWS-434 Receiver Module.
Everything i have read goes MCU>>Encoder>>TWS-434A RWS-434>>Decoder>>MCU

I am thinking of using a PIC to send the Data in 8Bit packets to the encoder then to the TWS-434A Transmitter.
On the receiving side the data through the RWS-434 then to the Decoder into my Basic Stamp.

Do i really need an Encoder and Decoder? If so can the PIC be programed with the data and encode it all in the same chip? Can the BS2 Decode the data on the receiving side?

Is a PIC the best way to send the data to the transmitter? I plan to program each PIC with a unique 4 Character data that is sent wireless about two seconds.

My ultimate goal is to have a wireless proximity switch that controls a relay and some leds. Similar to RFID each transmitter has a unique data and when it is read and matches the compassion done by the basic stamp it will operate the relay.

Any help with this would be great.

Comments

• Mark_TMark_T Posts: 1,981
    edited 2011-09-28 18:45
    No separate encoder should be needed - it just takes a bit stream in - you have to stick to the spec and not exceed 3kbaud from what I see in the datasheet. Check what the receiver expects as a preamble though - receivers typically take a little while to stabilise their AGC when a new packet comes in. Ensure that during idle periods you are not transmitting a carrier.