Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Any Eagle libraries for .5" and .6" DIP sensor packages? — Parallax Forums

Any Eagle libraries for .5" and .6" DIP sensor packages?

SeekerSeeker Posts: 58
edited 2011-09-27 21:11 in Robotics
I was just wondering if anyone has created an Eagle library for the sensors that use .5" and .6" DIP spacing? I don't expect signals or labels, just the the schematic symbols and board footprints to work from. I know I can create my own, but it would be a first time attempt, and even though I can figure it out, I don't want to stop creating what I am working on to learn a new process that will side track me. In the past I would just use pinheaders in the schematic, and place them very carefully spaced onto the board... but this is slow and I don't always get it right first try. And this time there will be several of them.

I am using the LISY300 Gyro module (.6") and MMA7455 Accelerometer module (.5") and was hoping for something that would fit them. I am sure there are others, but these are the two I am looking for right now.

I hope someone has something they would be willing to share...

Thanks!

Comments

• JLockeJLocke Posts: 354
    edited 2011-09-26 02:38
    I don't have the packages you're looking for, but I have a link to a really good tutorial on making your own library part in Eagle:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-a-custom-library-part-in-Eagle-CAD-too/

It's can be a little confusing, but I've added several 'footprints' to my library without much problem. My latest was for a uSD socket and it aligned (and worked) perfectly!
    Good luck; it's not that hard.
  • SeekerSeeker Posts: 58
    edited 2011-09-27 10:17
    Yeah, that is basically what I ended up doing. But thanks for the link! Going through the tutorial helped clear up a few questions I had and based on that, I recreated them in much better versions. They are still not perfect, but they will work, and I now have a new skill.

So thanks again!
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2011-09-27 21:11
    Seeker,

Dude, you really need to change your avatar. It's totally inappropriate for a family-friendly forum. Sorry, man, but I wanted to give you a heads-up before the moderators came down on you -- and I have a feeling they might.

Thanks,
    -Phil