Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
wanting to make my project more comercialized — Parallax Forums

wanting to make my project more comercialized

iamdenteddiskiamdenteddisk Posts: 66
edited 2011-09-11 13:15 in BASIC Stamp
Hi, I am wondering if it is possible to make my own board for a bs2 project.
I built my robot on a revisionD homework board, now I have my prototype finished. can I use the weethet bs2 schematics to make my circuitry native to the main board, so my robot is more commercialized ? I would now like to start seeking financial backing to mass produce and want to do away with jumpers and loose connections.

I have a eprom programmer and all parts seem to be available here to do it but the program for the eprom its self is the issue can I download that here?

also has anyone here used the weethet schematic to know it is good?

thanks in advance for any information or help..

Comments

• PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2011-09-11 07:11
    I have a eprom programmer and all parts seem to be available here to do it but the program for the eprom its self is the issue can I download that here?

If you mean the Stamp's PBasic interpreter - No.
    You'll have to buy the pre-programmed PICs from Parallax.

The PBasic interpreter resides in the PIC (µC) memory, different from the Stamp's eeprom. The PBasic program written in the IDE is what gets stored in the eeprom.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-09-11 08:17
    The OEM Stamp is one such reference design. There's a link to the schematic and to the PCB Gerber. A number of people over the years have used this as the basis of their commercial design. As P J Allen mentioned, you have to use the pre-programmed PICs from Parallax. They're available in quantity from Parallax and their distributors.
  • iamdenteddiskiamdenteddisk Posts: 66
    edited 2011-09-11 13:15
    Thanks fellas, I realy appreciate the input. it is the proffetional apearance of total integration I am after, I think that is possible with the links you posted..DD