Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help with LCD Screens — Parallax Forums

Help with LCD Screens

A.McMillan51A.McMillan51 Posts: 2
edited 2011-11-13 16:20 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hello.
I am a TA for an engineering class at the University of Central Florida. I have been looking around on the different forum pages for a good guide to attach a simple LCD screen to the BoE-Bot. I want to have it so that students can physically see the debug outputs as the BoE-Bot is running.
Is there any good links within the forum that I can be directed to?
Thank you!

Comments

• TtailspinTtailspin Posts: 1,326
    edited 2011-09-06 22:01
    Not sure if you are wanting Serial or Parallel LCD, but this might be a good start. it has basic and spin examples.
    This is a link to the 2X16 serial LCD,
    When I need some code or info , I go to the parallax store and look up the product,
    often the link to the code I need is down near the bottom of the page...

Hope this helps.

-Tommy
  • A.McMillan51A.McMillan51 Posts: 2
    edited 2011-09-08 06:33
    Thanks! I was hoping a bit more on how to wire it up. I have an LCD screen I scrapped from a project my father had worked on, and I haven't the foggiest on how to hook it up.

EDIT: I apologize, I didn't look at the link you sent me too closely. Thanks again!
  • MiltosMiltos Posts: 16
    edited 2011-11-02 10:16
    I've got an LCD Screen with 28-pins. Is there some way to connect it to BS2? This LCD Screen was removed from a calculator...
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2011-11-03 10:30
    I've got an LCD Screen with 28-pins. Is there some way to connect it to BS2?
    Yes, but you would have to create a circuit to communicate between the LCD and the stamp and that will be more work than buying one that works out of the box.
  • MiltosMiltos Posts: 16
    edited 2011-11-13 00:16
    Franklin wrote: »
    Yes, but you would have to create a circuit to communicate between the LCD and the stamp and that will be more work than buying one that works out of the box.

Some diagrams to look into?
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2011-11-13 16:20
    Some diagrams to look into?
    That's what I'm saying. Unless you can find a datasheet you are pretty much out of luck. There is no universal "hook this wire here" and with 28 pins you will need some form of "Glue chips" to connect it to a BS2.