Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Burnin on μOLED-128-G1? — Parallax Forums

Burnin on μOLED-128-G1?

Jay B. HarlowJay B. Harlow Posts: 79
edited 2011-08-31 15:40 in Accessories
I had my μOLED-128-G1 attached to one of my projects displaying readings for a few months.

Unfortunately I didn't consider the relatively static display would result in burn-in.

It's noticable but not too bad...

My question being, is there any one to get ride of the burn-in?

Thanks
Jay

Comments

• prof_brainoprof_braino Posts: 4,313
    edited 2011-08-31 14:56
    Negative image for a few months?

I'm assuming the burn in is the affect of the affected LEDs losing brghtness over time,

Would de-rating the pixel current to dim the display prevent the loss brightness?
  • Jay B. HarlowJay B. Harlow Posts: 79
    edited 2011-08-31 15:34
    No it was gray, green or read text on a black background. It was displaying time, temp, and humidity. Now when I run something on it, I get ghost images of some of the former text. Not sure if its loss of brightness or what.

The manual recommends dimming and changing the text to prevent burn-in. Obviously a little late now,

I'm just new to OLED and was wondering if there's some 'trick' to getting the display corrected. Hmm... I should try gray instead of black ;-)

In the end its all "good" (relatively speaking) as its lessons learned...

Jay
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2011-08-31 15:40
    I had my μOLED-128-G1 attached to one of my projects displaying readings for a few months.

Unfortunately I didn't consider the relatively static display would result in burn-in.

It's noticable but not too bad...

My question being, is there any one to get ride of the burn-in?

Thanks
    Jay

Jay,

Unfortunately, these devices suffer from a substantially faster burn in rate than the old monochrome monitors. I had two uOLED-96-PROP's running a static display for two weeks, and they are toast. There is nothing that can bring them back from what I have read. :(

Welcome to the club :)

EDIT: I just saw your post after I did.