Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
XBee non-responsive — Parallax Forums

XBee non-responsive

coffeelovecoffeelove Posts: 14
edited 2011-08-30 06:58 in Accessories
OK, before i get a bunch of wtf questions, I searched and didn't find an answer and eventually had to come up with it on my own through trial and error.

At some point while I was playing around with the settings and the 0.2 to 0.1 adapter board, I managed to completely kill the firmware that was originally loaded on my XBee Pro 60mW chip board.

After futzing with all the different settings in the PC tabof the X-CTU software, I finally ended up reverting to the defaults of 9600bps, no Flow control, data bits 8, parity of 0 and stop bits of 1. From here, I switched over to the Modem Configuration tab and selected the appropriate HW version that correlated to my chip and left the rest at what popped up. From here, I hit the Write button and found that the XBee has a bootloader built in. :) Happy Days!!!

The reprogramming of the chipset took approximately 2 minutes; But afterwards, everything worked according to the XBee Tutorial listing on the product page.

I really don't know what I ( or my children ) had done to the wiring on the breadboard to cause the chip to drop it's firmware, but I thought that this would be a decent subject for anybody else that runs into the same situation of a non responsive XBee on the USB adapter board.

Have a good day/night everybody.

Comments

• fstanovichfstanovich Posts: 14
    edited 2011-08-30 05:34
    I have one that is not responding. I thought maybe I fried it. I will have to try your method.
  • Adam WieslerAdam Wiesler Posts: 81
    edited 2011-08-30 05:48
    I had this happen over the weekend, and got them to work using the same mentioned.
  • coffeelovecoffeelove Posts: 14
    edited 2011-08-30 06:58
    @fstanovich Goodluck! I hope it works out for ya.