Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
How to make the signal stronger — Parallax Forums

How to make the signal stronger

RL600RL600 Posts: 40
edited 2011-08-28 23:26 in BASIC Stamp
Hello everybody,

I have a basic stamp and I want to control a motor. I haven't the motor yet. I don't know which motor I must take yet (because of this I can't give some specifications of the motor). Maybe one of you has an idea. For which motor I can take. The motor is to experiment with, the motor hasn't a goal yet.I want to control a much larger motor than the basic stamp can control. The Volt and Amper

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-08-28 23:26
    It all depends on what kind of motor and what you want to do with it. Do you just want to turn the motor on and off? If it's a DC motor, do you want to control the motor's direction? Do you want to control the motor's speed?

For DC motors, you probably want to use what's called an H-Bridge. There are other motors called R/C Servo motors which were originally developed for model airplanes. These have the motor controller built-in.

Both the RC Servo and an H-Bridge can be directly controlled by a Basic Stamp.

There's another motor called a stepper. These can also be controlled by a Basic Stamp by using something like a ULN2803 Darlington transistor array. There are examples in Parallax's StampWorks Manual.