Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Have you used BS2p I2COUT with TWI LED Disp 4x7s? — Parallax Forums

Have you used BS2p I2COUT with TWI LED Disp 4x7s?

IamretiredIamretired Posts: 56
edited 2011-08-27 15:48 in BASIC Stamp
I purchased the TWI LED Display Module from PHAnderson and have had no success following his discussion (examples of PICAXE and Arduino code) and the vendors documentation. I am using BS2pe I2COUT. Has anyone done this with a Stamp using either 'bit banging' or I2COUT. If you have, then can you post a snipit of your code for me to try?

I would post my efforts, but that would assume you have the time to look at PHAnderson's and the vendor's stuff.

Thqnk you,
John

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-08-27 14:26
    There's no reason why this shouldn't work. Examples for the PICAXE and Arduino won't help much unless you already understand the differences between the Stamps and the PICAXE or Arduino. You really need to describe how you have your Display Module connected to the Stamp and you need to attach your code to a reply (don't just cut and paste it). Use the Go Advanced button to attach your source code to a message. You might include a link to the vendor's documentation.
  • IamretiredIamretired Posts: 56
    edited 2011-08-27 15:48
    Right after your prompt reply, I did what I should have done before I started the thread. I rechecked my code and wiring. The code looked O'K, but I didn't have the 4.7K pull ups attached to Vdd.

I still have some issues, but not with I2COUT. Garbage out is better than nothing out.

Thank you,
    John