Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
pulsed diode laser range finder receiver — Parallax Forums

pulsed diode laser range finder receiver

greatpsgreatps Posts: 2
edited 2011-11-03 06:02 in Robotics
I am a M.Tech student. I am doing receiver signal processing but my signal level is very low means signal already merged inside the noise. I have tried to write vhdl code on pulse compression technique but not succeed.Kindly any one help me for this project and provide me the laser range finder vhdl or verilog source code. Analog part I have already completed.
Thanks

Comments

• LeonLeon Posts: 7,620
    edited 2011-08-26 03:18
    When I was at university we were expected to submit our own work for projects. Have things changed?
  • prof_brainoprof_braino Posts: 4,313
    edited 2011-08-26 06:07
    greatps wrote: »
    I am a M.Tech student. I am doing receiver signal processing but my signal level is very low means signal already merged inside the noise. I have tried to write vhdl code on pulse compression technique but not succeed.Kindly any one help me for this project and provide me the laser range finder vhdl or verilog source code. Analog part I have already completed.

Tell us about the details of your project and maybe we can help where you are stuck. There are some discussions on laser range finders here.
    Otherwise, if you just want to download something without participating in a discussion, you might have to go with Google.
  • greatpsgreatps Posts: 2
    edited 2011-11-03 02:23
    Hello leon things is not changed. I have completed my M.Tech along with my own work and took the help from my guide and colleagues. Thanks for your valuable comments. But I want to add one thing nobody can not complete the project without any refernece and without the help of colleagues.
  • prof_brainoprof_braino Posts: 4,313
    edited 2011-11-03 06:02
    The time of flight laser range finder thread http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?133632-Time-of-Flight-Laser-Project
    has a bunch on information discovered in the development process. It does not include vhdl code but has key information on addreessing the various technical difficulties that were overcome to get the unit working.

The key is DMTF (Dual Mixer Time Difference) and there is an experiment shown in http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?135563-Measure-the-speed-of-electricity...