Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help pls: Newbie question on Say It Module — Parallax Forums

Help pls: Newbie question on Say It Module

merlinmerlin Posts: 40
edited 2011-08-25 17:54 in BASIC Stamp
Hi all,
I have a very basic problem with Say it:

I don't have any problem setting the words on GUI Software. Also I can generate the code without problems.
The trouble appears when I run the generated code on Stamp Editor environment, because after the download process (F9) it appears on the PC screen the communication windows with the follow message:

Setting up VRbot...awake...lenguage 0....time out 5
VRbot ready!

VRbot in group 0 wating for command....timed out
and so on...

From the beggining of the program the red LED of Say It Module is off, and no matter I try with the trigger word(s) or any other word from the Groups 1 to N, the same message continue on screen.

I am using a Basic Stamp Super Carrier with the say it module inserted on the right socket and the Stamp is a BS2px24

Do you know what I am doing wrong?
Do you have any advice to avoid this problem?

Thanks in advance, regards

daniel

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2011-08-25 06:42
    Are you able to attach your code as a BS2px file? The "Say it Module" is 9600 by default and the BS2px is 19200 by default regarding the baud rate.

Dave
  • merlinmerlin Posts: 40
    edited 2011-08-25 16:50
    It was the BaudRate....the code sets the CommSpeed on 9600 but the comm window shows the BaudRate on 19200, as you suggest.
    I tried to change the baudrate without success, so I changed the PIC, I placed a BS2 and now the module appears to recognize the Trigger command.
    But...I can't go further, I can link the recognition of the trigger with the recog process of some of the SD commands I have setup and trained. The program retunrs to the Trigger recog and never go further.
    I think I can't understand totally the code, so if you can give some I will really appreciatte your post.
    Thanks and regards

daniel

(I hope I attached the code here)
  • merlinmerlin Posts: 40
    edited 2011-08-25 17:54
    Also I will attach the BS2px original code for your opinion regarding the Baud rate issue.

Regards

daniel