Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Congratulations Spinneret Contest Winners! — Parallax Forums

Congratulations Spinneret Contest Winners!

Lauren DavisLauren Davis Posts: 313
edited 2011-09-09 08:03 in Accessories
Congratulations to the Winners of the Spinneret Web Server Design Contest!

WINNING ENTRIES
First Place: Mike G - Multi-Socket Server
Second Place: Bean - Spinneret Embedded BASIC
Third Place: chillybasen - Opening a Door Via Text Message

HONORABLE MENTION
Jeffa - nerdDoro
bsnut - Wireless Web Based Shipping Monitoring & Control System

Expect to see the winning entries on the Parallax.com site by the end of August. Thank you to everyone who participated in the contest. The judges enjoyed reviewing all the entries.

All winners have been contacted. If your name appears on the list and you haven't heard from me please send me a PM.

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2011-08-24 12:58
    Congratulations to the Winners of the Spinneret Web Server Design Contest!

WINNING ENTRIES
    First Place: Mike G - Multi-Socket Server
    Second Place: Bean - Spinneret Embedded BASIC
    Third Place: chillybasen - Opening a Door Via Text Message

HONORABLE MENTION
    Jeffa - ePhidgetY Home Automation
    bsnut - Wireless Web Based Shipping Monitoring & Control System

Expect to see the winning entries on the Parallax.com site by the end of August. Thank you to everyone who participated in the contest. The judges enjoyed reviewing all the entries.

All winners have been contacted. If your name appears on the list and you haven't heard from me please send me a PM.

Way to go Mike! and the rest of the guys. I have been following, but it's a bit out of my league right now.

I really like Bean's Embedded Basic :)

Jim
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2011-08-24 16:06
    I'm glad to see Mike G in the top slot. He has worked tirelessly to make the Spinneret software more usable and user-friendly. 'Way to go Mike!

Congrats to all the winners and honorees! Those are some great projects that show off the Spinneret's capabilities nicely!

-Phil
  • mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2011-08-25 08:25
    YAY!! Congratualtions to all the winners!! What a great body of work and contribution to the community you have all provided!..

Double congrats to Mike G. - you've done so much to advance the Spinner and help the overall Spinner community!

BRAVO!!!

{Thanks to Parallax for sponsoring and encouraging contests like this! We all end up winning!!)
  • JohnR2010JohnR2010 Posts: 431
    edited 2011-08-25 08:35
    Good Job Mike! Your project and the way you laid it with HTML examples help me a great deal with my Spinnernet project. Thanks for all the hard work!! Whats next?
  • Mike GMike G Posts: 2,702
    edited 2011-08-25 11:00
    Thanks all for the kind words. The stuff I learned is invaluable and I'm super happy to share it with others.
    JohnR2010 wrote:
    Whats next?
    Don't know... I'm kinda out of wife credits. Any suggestions?
  • bsnutbsnut Posts: 521
    edited 2011-08-27 01:21
    I would like to first congratulate the other winners of the Spinneret Contest for doing a great job with their projects and I also like to thank the judges for picking our projects form so many that they had to chose from.

BTW, Me and the Zuni Maritime Foundation like to thank the Parallax forum members for their help and suggestions, that they gave to me while working on my project.
  • BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2011-08-27 08:10
    I would like to thank Parallax for having the contest. And also thanks to everyone who tested it.
    Thank You...

Bean
  • pthartmannpthartmann Posts: 27
    edited 2011-08-27 08:23
    I would also like to congratulate everyone, especially Mike and Bean for all your hard work.
    -Without this open forum of sharing, or quality development, we would never have completed our project.
  • Lauren DavisLauren Davis Posts: 313
    edited 2011-08-29 14:01
    The judges had a lot of fun reviewing all the projects. Thank you to all of you for your hard work and willingness to help others.
  • Mike GMike G Posts: 2,702
    edited 2011-08-29 19:03
    I have always wanted a Les Paul... today I picked up a Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (Vintage Original Spec) with my Spinneret winnings. Thank you Parallax.

LesPaul.png
    201 x 500 - 167K
  • Bob Lawrence (VE1RLL)Bob Lawrence (VE1RLL) Posts: 1,720
    edited 2011-09-09 08:03
    @
    Mike G
    Congratulations on thecontest win and the new/old Les Paul. :) It was alot of work for you to get it all working and I learned a bunch from it.

@ Beau

Thanks! for your code as well. It allowed me to get up and running quickly.