Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
flash fly wireless problem — Parallax Forums

flash fly wireless problem

CrazyrabbitCrazyrabbit Posts: 116
edited 2011-08-25 03:03 in BASIC Stamp
I reciently purchased a Flash Fly wireless kit for remote programming. I am using a basic stamp on a breadboard. The power LEDs work and the stamp works but no transmission.The driver for the Flash Fly self installed so the computer said. I have used USB directly to the stamp before using the adaptor.I am using XP Pro. I hoped it would be just plug and play. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• stamptrolstamptrol Posts: 1,731
    edited 2011-08-24 05:24
    Did you purchase the pre-programmed XBee's?

There is an article in the July 2011 Nuts and Volts which discusses this detail. Also, the manufacturer's website www.bluewolfinc.com has several demos of the system.

As described in the N & V article, there is some specific programming of the XBees required to get the system working.

Cheers,
  • Blue WolfBlue Wolf Posts: 7
    edited 2011-08-24 14:06
    Hi There,

I'm not sure which particular version you may have ordered, but the XBee modules do need to be configured in order for everything to work properly as Tom had mentioned.

You can find the configuration files for the regular XBee and the XBee Pro Series 1 modules here (they are free to download):
    http://www.bluewolfinc.com/categories/Downloads/XBee-Configs/

You are more than welcome to call us/email if you have any other issues or questions. We'll be more than glad to help and get you up and running!
  • CrazyrabbitCrazyrabbit Posts: 116
    edited 2011-08-25 03:03
    Thanks alot guys. I guess rabbit has more homework to do. I ordered some software from Bluewolf.