Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
The WetBird 9000 — Parallax Forums

The WetBird 9000

Brian D.Brian D. Posts: 12
edited 2013-05-27 18:10 in Robotics

Comments

• HughHugh Posts: 362
    edited 2011-09-06 11:28
    Does it drain down if the temperature drops below freezing?
  • Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2011-09-06 15:45
    Brain,

That is beautiful! It looks nice and it's fun to see the electronics you made. I like the clear enclosure.

You might want to think about tweaking the design. I believe it is against law in many places to have a fresh water outlet that remains underwater. I believe the concern is that the loss of water pressure can pull contaminated water back into the water lines.

I'm curious what kind of value you use for a drain value. I know a lot of water valve need significant pressure to open. The drain valve looks like it's under very little pressure. Is it different than the inlet valve?

Duane
  • davejamesdavejames Posts: 4,047
    edited 2011-09-14 14:12
    ...nicely done, Sir - nicely done.
  • Brian D.Brian D. Posts: 12
    edited 2013-05-27 18:10
    Duane Degn wrote: »
    Brain,

That is beautiful! It looks nice and it's fun to see the electronics you made. I like the clear enclosure.

You might want to think about tweaking the design. I believe it is against law in many places to have a fresh water outlet that remains underwater. I believe the concern is that the loss of water pressure can pull contaminated water back into the water lines.

I'm curious what kind of value you use for a drain value. I know a lot of water valve need significant pressure to open. The drain valve looks like it's under very little pressure. Is it different than the inlet valve?

Duane

I recently replaced the drain valve with a Taco Zone Sentry hydronic zone valve, and yes the fresh water line has a check valve into the house. The Taco valve is a true motorized ball valve and is working very nicely - water rushes out faster than seen I my vid from 2 years ago.. I think I need to do a new video!