Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
New Website: RoboNexus — Parallax Forums

New Website: RoboNexus

ercoerco Posts: 20,256
edited 2011-08-19 21:16 in Robotics
Let's see if this one lasts. I forget the name of a similar type site years ago that started great guns, then slowed down on the daily updates, then faded into obscurity...

http://www.robonexus.com/

FRAMINGHAM, MA - August 15, 2011 - Robotics Trends, a division of EH Publishing, today unveiled robonexus.com, an exciting new website designed to serve the masses of people interested in robots and robotics technologies and want to learn about them in a fun, friendly, informative way.

"Robots are in our lives every day, cleaning our homes, fighting our wars, even operating on Uncle Sid, and in the near future, they may be driving our cars and caring for our elderly," states Ellen Cotton, editor-in-chief, RoboNexus.com. "The technologies being created by universities and intelligent systems developers around the world every day are just so cool and exciting that now is the perfect time to have a site that educates and informs everyone about these breakthroughs and how they will change our lives. People love robots, it's as simple as that, and RoboNexus will be the site for all of those people," adds Cotton.

Comments

• GordonMcCombGordonMcComb Posts: 3,366
    edited 2011-08-15 16:05
    This is an old web site. Maybe they relaunched. Anyway, it's the same outfit that has the conferences. Been doing it for a couple years. I've never gone, and I always thought their effort was a bit too broad (mix of small hobby bots with large commercial models). Still, they keep coming back with stuff, so it must work for them.

-- Gordon
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2011-08-15 16:33
    Speaking of the same outfit, I want to know how many subscribers Dan Kara has to Robotics Businees Review at $595 a year: http://www.roboticsbusinessreview.com/subscribe

Not much particularly insightful in the several sample issues I have.
  • m10m10 Posts: 11
    edited 2011-08-19 21:16
    I like your sites design.