Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Problem with multi-slot program save — Parallax Forums

Problem with multi-slot program save

FalconFalcon Posts: 191
edited 2011-08-12 07:14 in BASIC Stamp
My latest project grew in size to the point where it required multiple slots. Fortunately I am using the BS2e so I have it covered. I usually save my code before making significant changes just to be able to revert back if it all goes wrong. This worked fine when only using one slot.

Now I discover that when I save my work using "Save As" to create a new version, the main file is created as a new file but the additional "slot" files are just over-written. I thought I had a complete history of the different versions of the code since expanding to the additional slots but I don't. I have only one (current) file for each additional slot's code.

Is there a way to create a new version of the code for each slot? Or do I need to complete a "Save As" action for each of the additional slot files each time I create a new version?

I appreciate any and all responses.

falcon

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2011-08-12 07:14
    You'll need make your main code in slot 0. The other slots are used for basically subroutines. All of your variables that you use regarding any slot must be declared in all slots, in order. You need to perform a save as for each slot.

Dave