Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Program RUN Question — Parallax Forums

Program RUN Question

InTheCloudInTheCloud Posts: 2
edited 2011-08-08 08:54 in BASIC Stamp
Very new to the BASIC Stamp world. Working through the "What's a Microcontroller" book. After coding a activity, it seems I have to press RUN a number of times to get the new code to actually run. In the RUN window, I can see the DEBUG lines appear for the new code, but the BASIC Stamp is still running the previous activities code. Did I miss something? Thanks.

Comments

• Kevin WoodKevin Wood Posts: 1,266
    edited 2011-08-07 20:40
    That sounds kind of strange. Double check all of your connections, and make sure you have a fresh battery or use an adapter. A lot of weird issues pop up when the battery is on the way out.

And welcome to the forums!
  • InTheCloudInTheCloud Posts: 2
    edited 2011-08-08 08:13
    I am using a power adapter, I suppose it could be suspect though, I'll check it with a voltmeter when I get home tonight. The other thing that I noticed is that when it does load and run the chapter 2 project program, when I turn the BS2 off and then back on, it doesn't run the Chapter 2 project program, it's running something else. No idea what to make of it.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-08-08 08:54
    Because of the way the Stamp works, it's impossible for the Stamp to run a program without storing it in the EEPROM where it will still be if you turn off the power, then turn it on again. I can't explain how you could observe what you're describing. I suggest you put a call into Parallax's Tech Support. Often this sort of thing is hard to figure out in a forum, but easy over the telephone.