Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Difference between BS2 Rev G and BS2 Rev F — Parallax Forums

Difference between BS2 Rev G and BS2 Rev F

CroosboyCroosboy Posts: 3
edited 2011-08-06 23:57 in BASIC Stamp
Good day! Im just new here

I was just wandering if there is a difference in programming between BS2 Rev G and BS2 Rev F. Also, I am using a 433mhz transceiver.

When I use the Rev G as a receiver, the output in the debug is okay but the output is not stable. The servo motor is fluctuating.

But when I use the Rev F as a receiver and the Rev G as a transmitter, the output in the debug is not 0 1, instead random numbers. The output also is not stable and the servo motor is fluctuating also.

Can somebody tell me if there is a difference in programming the 2 BS2.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-08-06 11:49
    No, as far as I know, there's no difference in programming between the BS2 Rev G and Rev F. Often Parallax changes the Rev code without making any announcements when the change is something to improve ease of manufacture. There is something else going on with your setup that probably has to do with how you have things connected or how your code works. In order to get help, you will need to post your schematic and your code, both as attachments to a message. The schematic should be verified against what you physically have in front of you. Often people will post schematics based on what they're supposed to have and their problem is due to differences between what they think they have and what they actually have.

Use the Go Advanced button to attach files to a message.
  • CroosboyCroosboy Posts: 3
    edited 2011-08-06 19:55
    Here is my schematic and code. I am using Tower Pro 9805BB servo motor. Sorry if the schematic and the codes are bit messy. I'm just newbie and this is my first project. Hope you can help me.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-08-06 23:15
    First impressions ... You didn't show how you're powering the Stamp. Are you using Vin or Vdd? If you're running the Stamp off the output of your 5V regulator connected to Vdd, you probably have noise problems from the servo. You might try powering the servo from a separate supply.

If you're powering the Stamp from Vin (to the Stamp's Vin), you have a grounding problem since the ground reference for Vin has to go through the bridge rectifier before it becomes Vss. Depending on Vin, that can cause the Stamp to reset, particularly in the presence of noise from the servo.
  • CroosboyCroosboy Posts: 3
    edited 2011-08-06 23:57
    i am powering the stamp using Vdd. I'll try your recommendation in using different supply for the servo. Ill update again after testing it.