Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Need advice on VTI SCP1000 — Parallax Forums

Need advice on VTI SCP1000

yurightyuright Posts: 13
edited 2011-08-03 09:26 in BASIC Stamp
I purchased the VTI SCP1000 pressure sensor a while back and just now started playing with it. I have looked for a basic introduction with step by step instruction similar to the projects in "applied sensors". So far I have only found what are to me complex codes that I couldn't understand. I have searched around in this forum but didn't find anything helpful. All the info I have found pertaining to it has been written for someone who is way above me in understanding programming. I had intended to use this sensor with a bs2 to deploy a parachute for my rocket. I didn't really want to get into data logging or anything just start out simple and tell it to deploy when the pressure values indicated apogee. If anyone knows where I could find a simple example of code that could get me started or information along the lines I have mentioned I would appreciate it. thanks

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2011-08-02 09:44
    Try this link: http://www.maxentropy.net/stamp/SCP1000/scp1000.htm . It seemed to have a lot of information that was useful.

Dave
  • yurightyuright Posts: 13
    edited 2011-08-02 17:30
    Thanks for the link. Very interesting. This info will definitely be a help although I now see there is a lot more to this device than I realized and a lot more I need to learn. I am curious, is the code complexity presented on this link typical for this type of device? Anyway hopefully I will get this stuff figured out eventually. But for now I will stick to using timers for my shute deployment. Thanks again for the link.
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2011-08-03 06:46
    Unfortunately, this device is not a simple device compared to most Parallax sensors. The Propeller chip is better suited for this sensor.

Dave
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2011-08-03 09:26
    Agreed, and there are examples available for the Propeller also. I totally forgot about the sample code for the BASIC Stamp modules; I will keep that link for future reference. :-)

Thanks for reminding me Dave