Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Using 433 MHz RF Transceiver — Parallax Forums

Using 433 MHz RF Transceiver

Kris CardoenKris Cardoen Posts: 46
edited 2011-08-01 13:12 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,

I'm quite new to robotics and just started working with the boe-bot kit.
I was wondering if it is possible to upload new code to the boebot without connecting and disconnecting the USB cable?
I found an 433 MHz RF Transceiver, that can be added to the boebot. Can this connection also be used to upload new code?

Regards,
Kris

Comments

• Tom CTom C Posts: 461
    edited 2011-08-01 04:32
    Kris,
    You might want to consider this transreceiver for uploading code to the BOE: http://www.bluewolfinc.com/pages/FlashFly-System.html

Just a thought.

Regards,
    TCIII
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-08-01 06:54
    No, most wireless links can't be used to download programs to a Stamp. There are timing problems. The FlashFly System is designed specifically to be able to download programs to a Stamp.
  • Kris CardoenKris Cardoen Posts: 46
    edited 2011-08-01 08:36
    Hi,

>Thats just what I was looking for! :smile:

One mor question however. It's not very clear to me if the kit without XBee can function wireless or do you need the XBee for that?

FlashFly USB Kit without XBee's + XBee Series 1 (with wire antenna) ?

Thanks for your help
    Kris
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-08-01 09:08
    You have to have the xBee device too.
  • Tom CTom C Posts: 461
    edited 2011-08-01 13:12
    Kris/Mike,
    I have the RS-232 version of the FlashFly System and it works very well.
    The modules went together easily and worked the first time that I turned them on.
    However, the documentation concerning the custom programming of the Xbee 2.4GHz Pro modules is kind of sparse.
    If you buy the FlashFly System with the Xbee modules, you might want to have BlueWolf program them for you. Though I had no problem doing the Xbee programming using X-CTU.
    Regards,
    TCIII