Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Bowing out — Parallax Forums

Bowing out

ChrisCantrellChrisCantrell Posts: 25
edited 2011-07-28 18:47 in Accessories
Well folks, I have all the web pages working but the web connection is not reliable. I can use my droid tablet to turn the TV channels and turn all the entertainment center devices on and off, but it isn't reliable. Sometimes the web server answers and sometimes not. Sometimes it answers but returns partial data.

I am moving over 5M of data with a flex application. If I can ever get the application to load it works mostly OK. Sometimes random bytes in the stream are garbled. Sometimes Iages don't load and the project freezes up requiring a power cycle.

With the ethernet buffers and the SD buffers and the data buffers needed by my IR remote control samples, I just don't have the RAM to run Mike G's 4-socket-state-machine. All I have is the demo code.

I'll upload the pictures I have to my entry thread here:
http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?132549-Contest-Entry-IP-to-IR-Gateway

Good luck everyone! I will continue to debug the demo code and hopefully figure out what is going on. I have the tools: ethereal and HTTPFox. Maybe my project will make CircuitCellar next year. I hope everyone is having better luck than I am having!

Long live the Parallax Spinneret!!!!

Chris

Comments

• Mike GMike G Posts: 2,702
    edited 2011-07-28 18:47
    I might be able to make the footprint smaller. Would that help?