Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
I need a CERTAIN light to illuminate when I type in it's 4 digit code via remote. — Parallax Forums

I need a CERTAIN light to illuminate when I type in it's 4 digit code via remote.

johnnejohnne Posts: 1
edited 2011-07-28 08:23 in BASIC Stamp
QRHnO.png
I am creating a table that is going to have 40 drawers with no labels. Inside will be a product we sell which is identified by a unique 4 digit number. I would like to use a remote control (maybe an ipad) to type in this 4 digit code and have a small light (probably LED) to light up for 10 secs or so. Inside this table will also be a computer so I have this tool available if there isn't anything stand alone. I would prefer something simple that I can purchase, but if I need to hire someone to create this I will. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2011-07-28 08:23
    40 LEDs, wiring, etc? Dozens of IO pins, multiplexing, hardware interface? I think not! Why make life so difficult?

4 IOs total and you're done. You could even use a BS-1!

1) get a serial connected telephone style keypad for key entry. 1 pin
    2) laser (or strong focused pinpoint LED) mounted overhead on 2 servos for pan/tilt to move laser in X,Y to illuminate and indicate drawer. 2 servos + laser on/off relay = 3 pins.

Done. Stop the clock.