Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Basic Stamp2 connected to a 2X16LCD Serial Display — Parallax Forums

Basic Stamp2 connected to a 2X16LCD Serial Display

JJaimeJJaime Posts: 8
edited 2011-08-02 16:02 in BASIC Stamp
Dear Sirs:

I have an application where a BS2 is connected to a 2X16LCD Serial Display where I am displaying the result of a simple multiplication and a short message displaying the input frequency using the COUNT instruction. The point is that it works fine but when I turn it off and turn it back on the display only shows an horizontal line in the first square. My BS2 is not connected to the carrier board thereby the Reset and ATN are floating
do I need to install a push button from Reset to GND in order to make it work? what I have done is to pull out the BS2 from my socket and push it back in and then it works but it is unpractical.. What would you recommend??

Thanks a lot for your advice

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2011-07-27 06:20
    Do you have a common ground through out your circuit? Can you add a close up picture of your circuit?

Dave
  • JJaimeJJaime Posts: 8
    edited 2011-08-02 16:02
    dandreae wrote: »
    Do you have a common ground through out your circuit? Can you add a close up picture of your circuit?

Dave

Dave I have solved the problem. the thing was that the IC socket was not properly soldered, (at my age my eyes are not perfect anymore)..I repeat the work and now it works fine.. Thanks a lot for your assistance