Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Exposing my Spinnerette (please DON'T try it out) — Parallax Forums

Exposing my Spinnerette (please DON'T try it out)

mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
edited 2011-07-21 14:30 in Accessories
EDIT: There appear to be some port forwarding issues. I work fine within my private network. External port scanners can see my 4 exposed ports (24, 25, 26, 27) as open unless I have a session then they see them as CLOSED but visible. My ISP IP address is correct. I need to go through all the configurations and see where I muffed it up. Thanks for helping!!

~~~~~~original posting~~~~~~~~

I'm not clever enough or good enough with my time to try a Spinner Contest project but I was able to get the IP_Server features of PropFORTH up and running on one of my Spinners and (hopefully) expose it to the Internet.

If I got things set up correctly in my router and the wind is right, you should be able to telnet to 50.43.128.228 on ports 23, 24, 25 or 26 and get a FORTH session. If it doesn't connect on the port you are trying, it may just be an 'in-use' port.

OK, so how do you know it's a FORTH session?

You should see something like this:
PropForth v4.5 2011MAY31 17:30 1

Prop0 Cog0 ok
and if you type in: cog?

you should get a list of what the 8 cogs are running.

IF you know FORTH, you can play. IF you know FORTH, you can also knock me down or wipe me out if you feel malicious.:frown:

I'm going to leave it up and running as much as I can. If you get connection type errors, please let me know I may have my router buggered up!

I'll have to head off to some public Wifi place later to test my router setup in person.

Thanks!! Have FUN!!

Comments

• Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2011-07-21 12:35
    Rick,

'Tried all four ports: no response. Maybe it's just too popular. I'll try again later.

-Phil
  • mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2011-07-21 12:37
    Thanks Phil!

I have a feeling it's my router config and NOT popularity! I'll go check the log and see if you're out there knocking!
  • BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2011-07-21 13:57
    No luck for me either. Tried all four ports, no connection.

Bean
  • mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2011-07-21 14:30
    Thanks, Bean! It seems to be an internal error. I may load up PE-BASIC or a HTML server on my other Spinner and expose it to the world to see if I can forward anything to my network.

Appreciate the feedback......stay tuned!