Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
I bought serial boe bot, got the adapters but got a usb main board. no stamp editor:( — Parallax Forums

I bought serial boe bot, got the adapters but got a usb main board. no stamp editor:(

latoftelatofte Posts: 9
edited 2011-07-20 21:35 in Robotics
So Since the main board has a mini usb connection I cant connect to the usb-serial dongle it came with, so I am unable to connect it all up. I can get it to connect straight usb but the stamp editor does not recognize it :(
Any help would be freaking awesome

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-07-18 18:07
    The USB version of the Board of Education (the BOE of the BOE-BOT) has the USB-Serial dongle built-in. Just use a USB to mini-USB cable. For the Stamp Editor to recognize it, you have to make sure to turn it on (the Boe-Bot). You can use the 1st switch position past off. In the 2nd position, the servo motors are turned on and you don't need that yet. Make sure you have fresh batteries. Make sure the USB driver that comes with the Stamp Editor was installed properly (without the BOE plugged into the PC). Make sure you've got a current copy of the Stamp Editor (and USB driver) installer. Make sure your USB to mini-USB cable is good.
  • Matt GillilandMatt Gilliland Posts: 1,406
    edited 2011-07-20 21:35
    Welcome to the Forums latofte!
    Any luck getting connected yet?

-Matt