Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Spinneret as FTP-client — Parallax Forums

Spinneret as FTP-client

MoskogMoskog Posts: 554
edited 2011-07-11 12:19 in Accessories
I been using WS_FTP on my computer as a client for transferring html-files from my computer to a remote server for years. Now I want the Spinneret to do this instead of using the computer. I been searching this forums for ideas on how to do this, but only what I find is examples on uploading to the Spinneret web server, not from it.
I need the Spinneret to upload an updated web page (or several) to a server hosted by my internet provider to keep all requests to this page(s) away from my Spinneret.
The main reason I need to do this is because my internet provider keeps changing my IP-address once a power out or I reset the ADSL-modem.
The physical setup of the Spinneret to the network should be OK, I do have a PINK running and I guess things there should be very similar. The main problem is how to connect the server and then transfer files. If anyone can point me into the right direction here that would be great.

Comments

• Mike GMike G Posts: 2,702
    edited 2011-07-10 12:01
    There are many examples of the Spinneret serving up files. All Spinneret web servers that send an HTML response are sending a file or the contents of a file.

* Open a connection to the FTP service on port 21.
    * Send your credentials
    * Send the file transfer mode (ascii or binary)
    * Send the change directory command (cd /folder) on the ftp target
    * Change directory on the SD card - source
    * Open local file
    * Start file transfer (PUT)
    * Send next file
    * bye

There are many how-to ftp guides on the Internet.
    http://www.davelozinski.com/tutorials/ftp/index.php?1310324546924
  • MoskogMoskog Posts: 554
    edited 2011-07-11 12:19
    Hi Mike G, thanks for responding, your reply is putting me ahead in the right direction here. As you understand this is something I really don't know much about so there is a chance I still will be asking for some help. Thanks again!