Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Spinneret Question — Parallax Forums

Spinneret Question

worthyamherstworthyamherst Posts: 46
edited 2011-07-07 20:29 in Accessories
So I was just wondering how this all works. I am trying to send data to a website I created. I used some of the codes from the google repository, but I don't quite know how to tell if they were doing anything.

Comments

• Mike GMike G Posts: 2,702
    edited 2011-07-07 08:31
    Welcome worthyamherst
    So I was just wondering how this all works.
    Can you expand? How what works?

What do you expect to happen that is not happening?
    URL of your web site?
    Post your source.
  • worthyamherstworthyamherst Posts: 46
    edited 2011-07-07 11:39
    Mike G wrote: »
    Can you expand? How what works?

What do you expect to happen that is not happening?

Sorry for the ambiguity.
    Alright, so we have a project where we are building an autonomous vehicle using basic stamp and parallax sensors. One of the goals we have is to display data from our vehicle on a website we developed. We are using the spinneret to do this. None of us have any idea how to use this. We successfully set up a network using Beans GET Demo. Now we are looking to send data from a basic stamp, have the propeller read it and put it onto our website. We are lost on how to display our info on a global network (we think that using a global IP/sub/mac/gateway addresses should work, but then we are also confused as to how to talk with the spinneret and send it data for it to send. It may sound like it is out of our league, but we really hope to get it done. Thanks for the help.
  • Mike GMike G Posts: 2,702
    edited 2011-07-07 20:29
    We are lost on how to display our info on a global network (we think that using a global IP/sub/mac/gateway addresses should work, but then we are also confused as to how to talk with the spinneret and send it data for it to send.

Start with OBC's post Connecting your Spinneret to the Internet: HOWTO - Comments Requested. Jeff's document explains how to connect your Spinneret to the Internet

Serial is a great way to send data between the STAMP and Spinneret. On the STAMP side, use the SERIN and SEROUT commands. See the STAMP manual for more information. On the Spinneret (Propeller) you can use the FullDuplexSerial object. FullDuplexSerial is a very mature object with a lot of examples.