Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
[help me] EmbeddedBlue™ 500 — Parallax Forums

[help me] EmbeddedBlue™ 500

yanti amolyanti amol Posts: 4
edited 2011-07-25 19:38 in Accessories
anybody
i want to make communicate between my pc and printer (this printer use USB) using EmbeddedBlue™ 500
the connection between PC and printer through USB
i want to subtitute the USB to be bluetooth
what can i do?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-07-06 22:19
    Parallax sells a device that will do this (here) although the product is discontinued and there's a limited supply available. The EmbeddedBlue 500 is too slow to be used for this sort of thing. Theoretically, you could make a device that looks like a USB printer to your PC and decodes the data being printed, then transfers this data over an EmbeddedBlue 500 connection to another similar device that looks like a USB port on a PC to your printer. Unfortunately, this is a very complex process that might be possible with a Propeller, but you'd have to do all the programming and much of the information needed about the USB printer connection is known only by the printer manufacturer and is not generally available. You could try to understand the Linux printer drivers and use those as models, but that's a project for an expert.
  • yanti amolyanti amol Posts: 4
    edited 2011-07-21 21:26
    thank you sir, alreday replay my message
    now i want to ask : "ARE THE EmbeddedBlue™ 500 support Basic Printing Profile (BPP) (this is a bluetooth profile) ?
    [FONT=&quot] thank you[/FONT]
    edited 2011-07-21 21:26
    thank you sir, alreday replay my message
    now i want to ask : "ARE THE EmbeddedBlue™ 500 support Basic Printing Profile (BPP) (this is a bluetooth profile) ?
    [FONT=&quot] thank you[/FONT]
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-07-22 08:12
    As far as I know, the Embedded Blue 500 does not support the Basic Printing Profile (BPP). It only supports the Serial Port Profile (SPP).
    edited 2011-07-25 19:38
    are you know. how to make the Embedded Blue 500 can support BPP ?