Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Need help with code for led controller. — Parallax Forums

Need help with code for led controller.

motosk8er2motosk8er2 Posts: 6
edited 2011-07-04 23:36 in BASIC Stamp
Hi, i have experimented, and made some led experiments but i am in need of something that i can not manage to do. I have 4 LED pods, 2 red, and 2 blue, each made of 44 LED's which will be powered by 4 transistors. I need a program that will enable me to run threw multiple different flash/strobe/chase/wigwag patterns and adjust the speed using a pot. I have made some simple 2 pattern codes but i am at a loss. I would like as many patterns as possible, or in the area of 10-20. If someone could point me in the right direction, or if someone has the time to write a code for me i will gladly reimburse you via paypal, something we can discuss in PM. Btw the stamp is a basic stamp 2 homework board. thank you!

Andrew.

Comments

• $WMc%$WMc% Posts: 1,884
    edited 2011-07-04 08:57
    Take a look at mulitplexing.
    '
    The Stamp can only do one thing at a time,But it can do it pretty fast.Way faster than our eyes can keep up.
    '
    Experiment #31 in the Stamp Works maunal shows and explains how multiplexing works.
    '
    http://www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/books/sw/Web-SW-v2.1.pdf
    '
    This is a good start for your project.
  • motosk8er2motosk8er2 Posts: 6
    edited 2011-07-04 17:54
    Thanks, that deffinately helped but still i currently dont have the time/patience right now to figure it out and write the code. If someone is willing to write the code for me i would be willing to send them some money for there time and effort.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2011-07-04 18:20
    So you have more money than time/patience? :)

I patiently await your timely replie$.
  • motosk8er2motosk8er2 Posts: 6
    edited 2011-07-04 19:30
    erco wrote: »
    So you have more money than time/patience? :)

I patiently await your timely replie$.

So you would be willing to do this?
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2011-07-04 23:36
    No money need change hands. This forum is all about encouraging, educating & discovering. Very smart & helpful folks here. If you shared your code so far and asked for some very specific help, you would probably get lots of free help from people. You have nothing to lose...!