Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Checking to see if one's stamp still works — Parallax Forums

Checking to see if one's stamp still works

MegasundatoMegasundato Posts: 5
edited 2011-07-01 18:43 in BASIC Stamp
hello. I was wondering if anyone knows how to make sure there BS2 still works. I'm thinking it might be my wiring which is causing the problem, but i would like to check everything to be sure.

Thanks

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-06-28 21:41
    Generally, if you can download a program to the Stamp, it mostly works. You also have to check the I/O pins and that depends on how you have it wired. Ideally, you'd remove the Stamp from whatever it's hooked up to and move it to a breadboard. You then need two LEDs with series resistors (1K will do). Connect one LED between an I/O pin (resistor to cathode) and +5V (anode) and the other LED between the same I/O pin (resistor to anode) and ground (cathode). You'll need a program in the Stamp that simply sets each I/O pin, one at a time starting with I/O pin 0, to output low, pauses, then sets the same pin to output high, pauses, then goes on to the next I/O pin and repeats after I/O pin 15. You run the program with the LEDs connected to I/O pin 0, wait for each LED to blink, then move the connection to I/O pin 1, etc.
  • MegasundatoMegasundato Posts: 5
    edited 2011-07-01 18:43
    thank you very much for your help. I see now that my stamp does in fact work and my problem was a very simple, as it was just one connection I overlooked.