Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Should I Upgrade? — Parallax Forums

Should I Upgrade?

gundamboostgundamboost Posts: 2
edited 2011-06-28 17:24 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,

I finally have time to get back to my Boe Bot that I bought a few years ago. The Board of Ed. is at Rev. C and the BS2 is at Rev. G. It is a serial Kit, so I just purchased a serial to usb adapter. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. I am just wondering if I would need to update my BS2 to Rev. J or is G just fine? What is the difference between them? I am just assuming its just faster? If anyone could answer my questions that would be great and let me know if I need to do anything to get going.

Thanks!

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2011-06-28 17:11
    Rev G is fine, no need to rush out and get a rev J. It's no faster, just a few firmware changes you may never even be aware of. As long as everything works with your Win7 & usb adapter, all's good.
  • gundamboostgundamboost Posts: 2
    edited 2011-06-28 17:16
    Ah!... Thank you so much for the quick reply!
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2011-06-28 17:24
    Welcome to the forums!

I not aware of the firware difference between Rev G an Rev J, but a don't think there is any speed increase. The revisions were probably minor hardware only.

The firmware upgrades for the other Stamp chips can be found on this page:

http://www.parallax.com/tabid/440/Default.aspx

I run a BS2 Professional Demo Board and a Board of Education from my Windows 7 Pro with a USB to Serial with no problems

Hi,

I finally have time to get back to my Boe Bot that I bought a few years ago. The Board of Ed. is at Rev. C and the BS2 is at Rev. G. It is a serial Kit, so I just purchased a serial to usb adapter. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. I am just wondering if I would need to update my BS2 to Rev. J or is G just fine? What is the difference between them? I am just assuming its just faster? If anyone could answer my questions that would be great and let me know if I need to do anything to get going.

Thanks!