Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2p40 & Parallax GPS Module — Parallax Forums

BS2p40 & Parallax GPS Module

habhab Posts: 1
edited 2011-06-28 16:50 in BASIC Stamp
Hi, Everyone -

I am currently using the BS2p40 along with parallax's GPS Module on the PDB. The source code I had worked for the BS2, but when I go over to the BS2p40 it simply will not work! I have taken into account MAINIO and AUXIO, and the different pin designations, but haven't had any luck solving the problem. The PINs are assigned and correct in both code and the PDB.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advanced.

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2011-06-28 16:50
    hab wrote: »
    Hi, Everyone -

I am currently using the BS2p40 along with parallax's GPS Module on the PDB. The source code I had worked for the BS2, but when I go over to the BS2p40 it simply will not work! I have taken into account MAINIO and AUXIO, and the different pin designations, but haven't had any luck solving the problem. The PINs are assigned and correct in both code and the PDB.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advanced.

You will need to change the Baudmode for the faster BS2P chip. You did not say which Parallax GPS module you are working wit, but most will communicate at 4800 Baud.

Baudmode for BS2P should be 16884 for 4800 baud. You can reference page 397 of the Basic Stamp Reference Manual.