Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Contest Entry: IP to IR Gateway — Parallax Forums

Contest Entry: IP to IR Gateway

ChrisCantrellChrisCantrell Posts: 25
edited 2011-07-29 04:35 in Accessories
My project uses a spinnerete web sever, an IR sensor, and an IR LED. The web server provides a web interface to act as a universal-remote control for my home media center (TV, Stereo, DVD, etc). The project records IR sequences directly from the target remote control and stores them in a database on the SD card. The web pages provide button controls customized for my cross-device activities like setting all devices to play a movie.

The web pages are customized for the browser. My ipod touch gets large buttons on a form designed for its size. My droid tablet gets a FLEX (flash) application.

Comments

• ChrisCantrellChrisCantrell Posts: 25
    edited 2011-07-29 04:35
    Here is my project. The phone jacks connect to the infrared LEDs. I have several "compartments" in my entertainment center, and I routed three LEDs to different areas. All the LEDs are "on" at the same time, but each one has its own current limiting resistor.

Since this is a prototype I wired the simple circuit on a small bread board. The IR sensor is in one corner. There is a square blue LED for visual feeback of IR operations. The rest of the circuit is an NPN transistor and several resistors.
    1024 x 768 - 87K