Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Make Piezospeaker talk! — Parallax Forums

Make Piezospeaker talk!

SledgehammerSledgehammer Posts: 8
edited 2011-06-26 17:29 in BASIC Stamp
I would like to know if someone knows how can I have a track with my voice and find all the stuff needed to make it play this track! For example:
Activated or target found...

Thanks!:smile::smile::smile:

EDIT: I found a car speaker and connected it, so that would be cool...

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-06-25 13:37
    You can't do this with a Stamp without adding external hardware to actually do the sound playback with the Stamp controlling things. The Stamp neither has the speed nor the memory capacity to do anything more than make simple tones (like play tunes). There are all sorts of WAV and MP3 players that can be attached and controlled from a Stamp. EFX-TEK's AP-16+ includes stereo 20W amplifiers. You might also look through SparkFun's website, particularly their Breakout Boards section.

A Propeller can do this although you'd need some kind of simple amplifier for the speaker.
  • xanatosxanatos Posts: 1,120
    edited 2011-06-25 20:31
    If it doesn't need to be your voice in particular, a text-to-speech module would say anything you sent to it via the stamp's serout command.
  • Tim-MTim-M Posts: 522
    edited 2011-06-26 17:05
    Here is an inexpensive piezo module that will playback 30 seconds of audio in WAV or MP3 format:

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/50-2992&green=26675535748&utm_campaign=MyBuys&utm_medium=Recommendation&utm_source=prod&utm_term=50-2992

I don't know what the sound quality is like, but it's cheap enough.

Tim
  • Tim-MTim-M Posts: 522
    edited 2011-06-26 17:29
    Mike mentioned SparkFun Electronics... here is a cool embedded mp3 module called the mp3 Trigger that they sell:

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9715

I have used the earlier version and they are upc friendly and quite easy to use.

Tim