Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
problem of connexion between the computer and the S2 robot — Parallax Forums

problem of connexion between the computer and the S2 robot

MOMO93MOMO93 Posts: 2
edited 2011-06-13 17:21 in Robotics
I have the S2 ROBOT, I want to use it, I start to download the USB Driver Installer from your web site www.parallax.com but there is not a connexion between the computer and the robot when I connect the robot to the computer. The driver is not recognized, the driver USB which I downloaded on the site does not allow me to establish the connection between the computer and the robot.
I have a proposition to install it, but the driver is already installed, I try the operation a lot of times but no way, please could you help me?

Sorry for my English, I am from France.

Thank you in advance

Comments

• kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    edited 2011-06-13 10:07
    Have you made sure the correct comm port is being used by the software? The USB driver emulates a comm port on your computer and the propeller tool (or whatever software you are using) has to be set to use that comm port.
  • MOMO93MOMO93 Posts: 2
    edited 2011-06-13 11:30
    I use Windows XP Version 2002 Service Pack 3, the bus controllers USB all are correctly installed and visible on the manager of peripherals. The problem it is that after installation of USBdriver of the robot Parallax S2, the connection is not recognized and I have an unknown peripheral with a yellow question mark in the manager of peripherals.THANKS
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2011-06-13 17:21
    Let's rule out some simple things. When you plug the USB cable and Adapter, does a green LED light on the adapter? If so, it is getting power.

I know you've updated the USD Drivers, but did you down load and install the S2 GUI Program Maker software? If not, do so.

Lastly, the S2 must be on when connected to your PC to be detected.

Hope you get it working. If not, report back, please.