Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Helicopter Tx/Rx hooked up to a BS2 — Parallax Forums

Helicopter Tx/Rx hooked up to a BS2

paulleavittpaulleavitt Posts: 1
edited 2011-06-06 18:10 in BASIC Stamp
Howdy!
I have a transmitter and receiver from a helicopter I have, and I'd like to hook it up to my boe bot so that I can control it wirelessly.
It's off an E-flite Blade CP pro if that helps.
My question is how do I connect the receiver to the BS2? I'd like to be able to control the two continues rotation servos on the servo with the two joysticks on the transmitter.
Anything helps.
Thanks!
Paul

Comments

• orrinbareorrinbare Posts: 32
    edited 2011-06-06 18:10
    I would google search or something to find a wiring diagram for the receiver, or failing that, the whole helicopter and find out what wire/pin on the receiver goes to what. I would assume it has a power in and a ground and i don't know how many other pins that are for just input to a processor. MAKE SURE THE VOLTAGE & CURRENT GOING INTO THE RECEIVER IS CORRECT. if its off of a smaller helicopter, it may be less than five volts, so be careful. once you've correctly wired the hot wire and the ground, connect the others to some pins on the boe bot. Again, if the volt/current going into the receiver is more than the boe bot, don't just hook it straight to the pin, you could damage the stamp. This is the part someone else on here could help with better, i beleive you can use a resistor to control the current going into the stamp. now the fun part, you have to program the stamp to monitor those inputs from the reciever (not exactly sure how) and show it on the debug screen. so you push the stick up on the controller and note any changes in the debug terminal, do all the stick motions possible, recording each, and then program the stamp to use that info and power the servos accordingly. I know all my help is full of holes, but its all i got without actually having the thing in front of me to work on.