Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Can not install BS2SX onto Boe-bot board — Parallax Forums

Can not install BS2SX onto Boe-bot board

ipkeipke Posts: 4
edited 2011-05-29 15:03 in BASIC Stamp
Can not install BS2SX onto Boe-bot board

Hi!
I have tried upgrading my boe-bot from a BS2 to a BS2SX-module. My current configuration works perfectly fine with the BS2 but not with the BS2SX. When I try and physically install the BS2SX onto the Boe-Bot board, it will not download any new programs from my computer. The power LED on the board is shining green and the USB LEDs (blue and red) blinks fast when I try and download a program, until the BASIC Stamp Editor display an error message; "No BASIC Stamps found". It does however identify that the USB-cable is connected at COM7 when I run the identify-application in BASIC Stamp Editor.

I have ruled out any problems with the Boe-Bot, since the same configuration works fine with another BS-module. Can there be a software issue, some preferences I have to change in BASIC Stamp Editor in order to change BS-module? I have of course changed the BASIC Stamp version in the program code. Can there be a problem with my module (just delievered from retailer, never used by me) or can there be another problem?

Grateful for any response!
With regards// Rasmus

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-05-29 12:43
    There's no reason why you should not be able to (gently) pop out a BS2 and plug in a BS2sx in its place. I've done that with several different models of Stamps including the BS2sx. Make sure that you have a reasonably current version of the Stamp Editor (rather than a really old version). Make sure that none of the pins on the BS2sx have become broken or bent. As long as you change the compiler directive for the Stamp model and change the various model-dependent timing parameters like Baud constants, PULSOUT values, etc, your program should be fine. If you still can't get the thing working, call Parallax Tech Support after Monday.
  • ipkeipke Posts: 4
    edited 2011-05-29 15:03
    That did the trick! Had an old version of BASIC Stamp Editor (v.2.2), After installing the latest (v.2.5.2) the BS2SX module suddenly started to respond to the USB download and could run the programs! Thank you for the help, mighty member.

Don't panic // Rasmus