Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
board building — Parallax Forums

board building

mektekcgmektekcg Posts: 2
edited 2011-05-27 12:33 in BASIC Stamp
I have a bs2 in a board of edu. i am sucessfully controlling a servo as well as a led light. i would like to build a smaller board to only handle these functions. any suggestions for a typical schematic would be helpful.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-05-27 07:45
    Look in the Basic Stamp Syntax and Reference Manual for schematics. Page 28 has one. For controlling just a servo and an LED, you don't need an external voltage regulator. The regulator on the Stamp module can handle that much current. You'd apply +6V to +7.2V to the Stamp's Vin pin (and ground the Vss pin) as described in the Manual and you can use the same power supply to power the servo. If you're powering the servo separately, you can use up to +9V on the Vin pin. Don't use more than 7.5V on a servo.

If you don't need to reprogram the Stamp or debug your program using the Stamp Editor, you can leave out the programming interface shown on page 28.

Again, if you're not going to reprogram the Stamp, all you need are Vin, Vss, and any circuitry to be controlled by the Stamp.
  • mektekcgmektekcg Posts: 2
    edited 2011-05-27 07:55
    thanks mike that is very helpful.
  • vaclav_salvaclav_sal Posts: 451
    edited 2011-05-27 11:39
    Erco,
    I am with you. My entire Parallax breadboarding is done on RatShack boards.
    As long as I do not do much re-soldering they work fine.
    Cheers
    Vaclav
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2011-05-27 12:33
    Amen, Vaclav (Nemluvim Cesky)! Per Chuckz, Radio Shack is listening, tell 'em how you feel! http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?131931-Radio-Shack-is-listening