Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
? — Parallax Forums

?

DanowDanow Posts: 10
edited 2011-05-24 20:38 in BASIC Stamp
I have " The Board of Eduucation Serial, Robotics with the boe-bot Kit. I like to get a upgrade on my Bacice Stamp Modules. I have a 2011 Catalog, Will the bacic Stamp 2px24 work. with my boe-bot. p.s. Can somone tell me what a "a-I chip is?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-05-24 13:26
    Yes, the BS2px will work with your BoeBot. The only thing about the BS2px is that the Mac and Linux Stamp compilers won't work with it. Windows is fine. Keep in mind that you'll have to change some of your existing programs in places. Like all of the Stamps, there are some timing values that vary from Stamp model to Stamp model. The most common ones are the Baud constants described in the Manual chapters on the SERIN and SEROUT statements, but there are others. The Manual gives the information for each of the Stamp models except the BS2px. Those are in a supplement to the manual here.

"AI" usually refers to Artificial Intelligence. Where did you see the reference?

In the future, please give a more meaningful subject to your thread. "?" doesn't mean much and people use the text of the subject for searches.
  • DanowDanow Posts: 10
    edited 2011-05-24 19:24
    Mike Green wrote: »
    Yes, the BS2px will work with your BoeBot. The only thing about the BS2px is that the Mac and Linux Stamp compilers won't work with it. Windows is fine. Keep in mind that you'll have to change some of your existing programs in places. Like all of the Stamps, there are some timing values that vary from Stamp model to Stamp model. The most common ones are the Baud constants described in the Manual chapters on the SERIN and SEROUT statements, but there are others. The Manual gives the information for each of the Stamp models except the BS2px. Those are in a supplement to the manual here.

"AI" usually refers to Artificial Intelligence. Where did you see the reference?

In the future, please give a more meaningful subject to your thread. "?" doesn't mean much and people use the text of the subject for searches.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-05-24 20:38
    You can go back and change the subject of the whole thread by changing the subject of your first posting in the thread (hint!!)

Since your boss told you about the "AI" chip, you might go back and ask your boss what he/she was referring to. It could mean almost anything.