Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Would recommend without hesitation.... — Parallax Forums

Would recommend without hesitation....

TinkersALotTinkersALot Posts: 535
edited 2011-05-24 06:58 in Accessories
This fine "get er done" manual and parts pile:

http://www.parallax.com/Store/Accessories/CommunicationRF/tabid/161/CategoryID/36/List/0/SortField/0/catpageindex/2/Level/a/ProductID/717/Default.aspx

I've never used XBee before and had a broadcast node executing simultaneous control over multiple remote nodes in less than a single day.

Now, with the basic system being operational; I've got plenty of time to round out the feature set on my project (a pair of synchronized dragster style christmas trees for starting races) and start to work on integrating triac-interface boards for driving the colored flood lamps.

Special "thanks" to Ken and crew for pitching in like they (always) do.

Comments

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2011-05-22 22:01
    Great! I had a feeling when I left UPEW last night that you'd have this running pretty quickly.

We've got some very fine additions to the XBee lineup coming shortly (XStick USBs). Our objective with the whole Digi RF line is to keep the selection focused, simple and well-supported. The 80/20 rule applies well with XBee - most of what you would buy is centered across a few SKUs. Rather than cause confusion by making customers sort through 100+ variants of their form-factor compatible devices we will make it easy to find and reorder the same parts over and over, spending our resources on support instead of more inventory.

Ken Gracey
  • TinkersALotTinkersALot Posts: 535
    edited 2011-05-23 06:26
    Ken,

From where I sit, your strategy seems to pay off in spades!

Thank you again!

Michael
  • Martin HebelMartin Hebel Posts: 1,239
    edited 2011-05-24 06:58
    Great to hear, thanks for the feedback!

-Martin Hebel