Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PE Kit: Permanent Power Supply... — Parallax Forums

PE Kit: Permanent Power Supply...

Jorge PJorge P Posts: 385
edited 2011-07-02 01:59 in Robotics
I just posted my completed Permanent Power Supply Project to my blog area. Each time I took out the PE Kit I had to keep wiring this circuit so I decided to put it on a 3x4 blank proto board.

I list all parts and Part #'s used along with a photo of the completed project. I tried my best to use as little board space as possable so I can add to it at a later date.

It frees up alot of space on the PE Kit breadboard and makes it easier to connect and disconnect power without pulling out the header for the battery connector and bumping the caps that were sticking up.

I am posting incase other PE Kit users want to do the same thing...

Comments

• GranzGranz Posts: 179
    edited 2011-07-01 17:36
    Jorge,

This looks pretty good. Is this a rechargeable power pack, where you plug it in while it is still in circuit and it both charges the battery as well as powering the PEKit? or do you need to remove the cells and place them into the charger?
  • Jorge PJorge P Posts: 385
    edited 2011-07-02 01:59
    Granz wrote: »
    Jorge,

This looks pretty good. Is this a rechargeable power pack, where you plug it in while it is still in circuit and it both charges the battery as well as powering the PEKit? or do you need to remove the cells and place them into the charger?

Yes and No. The batteries are rechargeable but I haven't built the recharge circuit yet! I am working on a separate solar project using 2 of Parallax's 12V-1A solar panels that will charge the same battery pack + 2 more AA's, the pack in the picture from this project is a 10 volt pack connected to a 9V battery snap that is connected to the power plug then into the power jack. I am unsure of how long it will take to charge the batteries as of yet, I've been procrastinating a bit.

I will add it to my blog when it is completed, which may be a while due to my limited resources. I will be also combining the solar charger with a small wind generator or two.

I am going to try and use the charge circuit from http://www.robotroom.com/Solar-Recharging-3.html with a few modifications. It may give you some Ideas as to how to make one for your own projects too.